Customized Nutrition Program: For Large/Small businesses, Protective Services, Government Agencies
With the current economic landscape causing higher health care costs, employee wellness is of upmost importance. For many companies, health costs use up 50 percent or more of their corporate profits. In fact, the indirect costs of poor health, such as an absence from work and reduced work productivity, can result in two or three times the amount of direct medical costs
Large or small, owners should make the best efforts to create opportunities providing employees with a well-rounded health program.
The goal of BetterVessel is to design an onsite, customized wellness enhancement program to improve the health and wellbeing of all employees. Another goal is to reduce or eliminate personal problems affecting employee health and work through incorporations of all aspects of wellness.
Overall, BetterVessel Wellness Programs seek to increase awareness of positive health behaviors, to motivate employees to voluntarily adopt healthier behaviors and to provide opportunities and a supportive environment to foster positive lifestyle changes.
Steps towards Enhancing Wellness in your company
- Creating measurable goals to ensure success
- Survey of Employee Needs
- HRA & Biometric Screening Appraisal
Providing services for the wellness program will include:
- Employee committees focused on wellness issues
- Group wellness coaching in corporate settings
- Wellness education within companies
- Specialization for coaches in the corporate wellness world
- Health educators
- Dietitians/ Certified fitness instructors
- Healthcare professionals (Chiropractors, Massage Therapist etc.)
Examples of Awareness approaches:
- Wellness bulletin boards (breakroom, office entry, restrooms)
- Periodic coverage of activities in employee newsletters (Monthly)
- Ongoing events, such as 5K walks/runs, fitness challenges. health fairs
- Monthly Seminar (Educational) events
- Virtual Newsletters
- Changes in vending machines/eating lounge/Cafeteria
Examples of Lifestyle change:
- Workout & Exercise Program
- Health/Nutrition Coaching
- Event Coordination/Facilitation
- Monthly Seminars /Lunch & Learns
- Employee Assistance Program
- Better work performance
- Less unwanted health conditions.
- Positive & health conscious culture in your company
An average of 28 percent reduction in sick days
- An average of 26 percent reduction in health costs
- An average of 30 percent reduction in workers’ compensation and disability management claims
- An average $5.93 to $1 savings-to-cost ratio.
Let BetterVessel change the mindset and Life of your employees!