Tofu Summer Rolls
- 7 oz. Extra Firm Tofu, cut into strips
- 3 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame, coconut, or olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Cornstarch
- 5 sheets Rice Paper
- 1/2 Cucumber, cut into strips
- 1 small Carrot, Julienned
- 1/2 avocado, cut into strips
- 1 cup mixed greens
- Handful cilantro, torn into small pieces
- Preheat an oven to 350° F and line a shallow dish with non-stick baking paper (or spray with non-stick cooking spray).
- Combine the oil, honey, garlic, rice vinegar, and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Place the tofu slices in the marinate and leave to sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Once marinated, place the tofu strips on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-25 minutes until the tofu has crisped up.,
- To prepare your rolls, soften a piece of rice paper in warm to hot water until softened. Lay a few pieces of tofu onto the middle of the roll, followed by cucumber, carrot, avocado, mixed greens and cilantro. Roll the spring rolls and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Makes 5 rolls.