Migas with Black Beans
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- ½ can black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 3 Tbsp. reduced fat cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, and salt and pepper. Set the bowl aside
- Microwave the corn tortillas in a microwave in 30 second increments until they are crispy. Chop them into squares and keep ready.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet and cook the onions and peppers until they start to get tender, about 7-9 minutes. Add the tomatoes, black beans, cumin, and chili powder, mixing and cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped tortillas and mix well.
- Stir in the egg mixture and cook till they reach the desired consistency.
- Stir in the cheese and chopped cilantro at the very end and serve hot.
Makes about 2 servings.