Chicken Paillard with Tzatziki
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. water
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon zest for garnishing, optional
- 2 cups 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium seedless cucumber, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed or grated
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill.
- Rinse and dry each chicken breast and brush the chicken very lightly with oil on both sides. Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of parchment or waxed paper.. Using a meat pounder or rolling pin, flatten each breast to about an even 1-inch thickness. Set aside.
- Make the rub by mixing the garlic, lemon zest, salt, and water in a small bowl. Grind the mixture with the back of a fork., add the oregano and pepper and grind again to mix. Rub the mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken on the grill over direct medium heat. Cover and grill for about 4-6 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking time. When the chicken is marked and cooked through, remove it from the grill.
- Immediately squirt each piece of chicken with the juice from ½ a lemon, and let it sit for 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with the parsley and strips of lemon zest, if desired.
- To make the dressing, combine the Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well to combine. Refrigerate before serving.
Makes 4 servings.