Edamame and Tofu Slaw
- 1 block (16 oz.) firm tofu
- Seasoning of choice to taste (lemon pepper, five spice, etc.)
- 12 oz. bag broccoli slaw
- 2 cups frozen edamame, thawed
- 3 radishes
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. sesame, olive, or coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. honey
- About an hour before cooking, drain and wrap tofu in a clean dish towel, place on a plate and weigh with a heavy pan to drain some of the water out.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350° F and cut the tofu into thin strips. Place the tofu on on baking sheet (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray). Sprinkle the tofu with whatever seasonings you want. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway, until lightly browned.
- While the tofu is cooking, mix the broccoli slaw and edamame in a large bowl. Shred the carrot on the large holes of a cheese grater and add to the salad. Chop the radishes and slice the scallions. Add to the salad along with the cashews, cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients: lime juice, oil, soy sauce, and honey. Add the tofu on top of the salad, toss, and serve with the dressing on the side or mixed in.