Split Pea and Carrot Soup
- 1 lb. green split peas
- 5 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and drain the peas, removing any stones.
- Pour the split peas, celery, onion, garlic, and vegetable broth in a large pot with the top on. Bring to a boil then lower to simmer, cracking the top open slightly. Stir the soup occasionally, cooking on low for 1 hour.
- Add the diced carrots and cook for another 60 to 90 minutes or until the peas are tender. Season with salt and pepper, and serve!
Makes about 8 Servings