Greek Pita Pocket
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 8 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Optional garnishes: sliced cucumber, chopped grape tomatoes, sliced red onion
- Pour the vinegar into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, chopped cucumber, red onion, parsley, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper; chill until serving.
- Drain and discard the marinade. Grill the chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature of the poultry reaches 170° F. Cut the chicken into strips after letting rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Fill each pita half with chicken, feta, and garnishes. Drizzle with the yogurt sauce.
Makes 8 pita halves.