Quinoa and Oat Granola
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. stevia
- Small pinch sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Add the oats, quinoa, almonds, stevia, and salt to a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine.
- To a small saucepan, add the coconut oil and honey. Warm the pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, whisking frequently until the two are totally combined and there is no visible separation.
- Immediately pour over the syrup over the dry ingredients and stir to combine until all the dry ingredients are thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the mixture on a large baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Then remove the tray from oven and stir/toss the granola. Turn the pan around so the other end goes into the oven first (so it bakes evenly) and bake 5-10 minutes more. Watch carefully as to not burn. The granola is done when it is deep golden brown and very fragrant.
- Let the tray cool completely before enjoying. Store leftovers in a sealed bag or container at room temperature for 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Makes about 7 servings.