Curried Vegetable Soup
- 2 Tbsp. coconut or olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 baby sweet peppers, cored and chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ medium head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 Tbsp. yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14 oz.) light, reduced-fat coconut milk
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (for serving)
- Heat the oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the yellow onion and sauté for about 8 minutes until translucent.
- Add the peppers and carrots and cook covered until the vegetables have softened but are still slightly firm, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, cauliflower, curry powder, sea salt, and red pepper flakes. Cover, and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, lime juice, and honey. Cover and heat to a gentle boil, then immediately reduce the heat to a simmer. Continue cooking, covered, for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with fresh green onion.