Cranberry Christmas Cake
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pureed avocado (or extra olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With a mixer, beat the eggs with the applesauce until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5-7 minutes. The mixture should almost double in size.
- Add the avocado, oil, and vanilla; mix two more minutes. Stir in the flour until just combined. Add the cranberries and stir to mix throughout.
- Spread in a lightly sprayed 9×13 pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean.