Carmel Apple Cheese Ball
- 8 oz. block low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 cup caramel, plus more for topping
- 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Granny Smith apple, finely chopped
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Pretzel thins and/or apple slices for serving
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese with the caramel, lemon juice, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt until combined.
- Fold in the cheddar cheese and diced apples. Transfer the mixture to a sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Freeze until firm, for about 30 minutes.
- To a plate, the add pecans. Roll the cheese ball in the pecans, then transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with more caramel and sprinkle with more salt.
- Serve with pretzel and sliced apples.
Makes 1 cheese ball.