Shredded Turkey & Pinto Bean Burritos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups shredded cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 6 10-inch high-fiber whole-wheat flour tortillas or wraps, warmed (see Tip)
- ¾ cup grated Monterey or pepper Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, cumin and chile powder and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and lime juice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the onions are very soft, 16 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in turkey and beans and continue cooking until the mixture is heated through, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Divide the turkey-bean mixture among tortillas (or wraps). Top each with cheese and cabbage, roll into burritos and serve.