Peppered White Bean, Kale, and Egg Stack
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3/8 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1-ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine beans and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 4 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in rind, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and cheese; coarsely mash.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add kale and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 3 minutes or until kale wilts, stirring frequently. Remove kale from pan; keep warm.
- Wipe the dutch oven clean with a paper towel; return pan to medium-high heat. Add water to pan, filling two-thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer. Add vinegar. Break each egg into a custard cup. Gently pour eggs into pan; cook 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Carefully remove eggs using a slotted spoon; place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Combine remaining 1 teaspoon oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, onion, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Divide bean mixture evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with kale, eggs, and tomato mixture.