Stone Fruit Chicken-Rice Salad
- 3 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups pitted, coarsely chopped nectarines
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted almonds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons torn mint
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes. Chop chicken.
- Combine oil, rind, juice, and mustard in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add chopped, cooked chicken, nectarines, and remaining ingredients; toss well.