Lean Cheeseburger Casserole
8 ounces whole grain elbow macaroni
1 onion, diced
1 pound lean ground beef
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons reduced-sugar ketchup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
2 (14.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
1 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the elbows according to package directions for al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over over medium-high heat and add the onions and beef, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon until it is no longer pink, and the onions are translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
- To the browned beef, add the rest of the ingredients except the cheese. Add the cooked elbow macaroni and stir everything together. Transfer the skillet contents to the prepared casserole dish and cover with the cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with optional diced pickles, tomatoes, or shredded lettuce for serving.