Bananas are one of the most widely consumed fruits in the world….not only by primates, but by humans as well.
The curved yellow fruit packs a big nutritional punch, wrapped in its own convenient packaging.
- With 400-plus mg of potassium, including bananas into your diet may help to prevent high blood pressure and protect the cardiovascular system.
- Bananas are nature’s “prepackaged” fruit that is a portable, cheap, and nutrient dense source of energy for fueling long endurance events.
- Rich in fibers such as pectin and fructooligosaccharides, bananas keep the digestive system healthy and functioning right.
- Bananas are considered as a very good source of vitamin B6 and a good source of manganese, vitamin C, potassium, dietary fiber, potassium, biotin, and copper.
Best Ways to Use
- A peanut butter and banana is a great snack for children and adults alike.
- Add chopped bananas and nuts to your hot or cold cereal to start the day.
- Add frozen bananas to smoothies and shakes for extra sweetness and a creamy texture.
- Make a fruit salad with bananas, berries, and other fruits.