Canadian Bacon and Egg Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes
1 whole egg
1/2 cup egg whites
4 Canadian Bacon rounds, or turkey bacon slices
2 ounces low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Avocado slices
- Reduced-sugar ketchup
- Preheat an oven to 400F.
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven for about 35 minutes until they are soft, yet still a little firm.
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half and carve out part of the inside in order to make a hole for the egg.
- Lay down the bacon around the inside hole in the sweet potato.
- Bake these in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 400F.
- While the potatoes are baking, pour the egg whites into a bowl, and then crack the egg into the same bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Cook the egg mixture in a skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the eggs over the potatoes when done.
- Season, garnish and devour. Serve immediately while warm.