Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained and rinsed) (250g after draining)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ground flax or quick oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or allergy-friendly alternative
- Optional: 1/2 cup low sugar chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients (except chips) until very smooth in a good food processor (not a blender).
- Mix in chips, and scoop into a greased (or parchment-lined) 8×8 pan. For “prettiness” you can stick some chocolate chips on top of the batter as well.
- Bake for around 30 minutes. They’ll look a little undercooked when you take them out, but they firm up as they cool, and you don’t want them to get hard.