Pulled Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
2 sweet onions, cut into chunks
½ cup reduced-sodium beef broth
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup Stubb’s® Original All Natural Bar-B-Q Sauce
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
8 medium-sized sweet potatoes
4 tablespoons Stubb’s® Original All Natural Bar-B-Q Sauce (for drizzle)
- Put onion chunks and beef broth in a slow cooker and set aside.
- Trim fat from chicken. In a small bowl, mix chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Rub mixture evenly over pork. Place meat in slow cooker (if necessary, cut meat to fit into cooker).
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 4-4½ hours.
- 45 minutes before chicken is ready, set oven to 400º F. Wash sweet potatoes and pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 45 minutes, until potatoes are tender. (To save time you can microwave your sweet potatoes! Puncture each sweet potato several times with a fork. Evenly arrange potatoes in a microwave-safe dish. Cook on high for 4-5 minutes for the first potato, plus 2-3 minutes for each additional potato. Flip potatoes halfway through cooking.)
- Remove meat from the slow cooker and place in a large bowl. Use a slotted spoon to remove onion chunks and place in the same bowl as the chicken. Using forks, pull meat apart.
- In another large bowl, combine BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Pour over shredded pork and onions; mix thoroughly to coat.
- Using a knife, slice sweet potatoes down the middle, creating an open center. Fill each sweet potato with 4-ounces of the meat mixture. Optional: drizzle ½ tablespoon of BBQ sauce back and fourth over the top of each potato.