Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Brownies
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons flaxmeal
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup natural sweetener
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F, and line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients and let sit at least 5 minutes. (Tip: shred zucchini in a food processor for fine shreds.)
- Combine all other ingredients in a separate bowl, and stir very well. Pour wet into dry, stir until evenly mixed, then pour into the baking dish.
- Using a full sheet of parchment or wax paper, press down very firmly until the brownie batter evenly covers the pan. Bake 19-20 minutes, then pat down hard with a pancake spatula or another sheet of parchment.
- Let zucchini brownies sit 15 minutes before trying to cut into squares, and if at all possible wait until the next day to eat them.