Denver Omelet Breakfast Muffins
2 whole eggs
1 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
4 ounces (1 cup) low fat cheddar cheese
4 ounces (1 cup) EXTRA LEAN diced ham
1/2 bag of spinach
1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup red bell peppers, chopped
1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped
1 teaspoon of Garlic Salt
Salt & Pepper to taste
4 tablespoons milk (Almond, coconut, etc.)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Non stick spray
- Crack the eggs in a large/medium mixing bowl.
- Add the liquid egg whites to the same bowl.
- Add in salt and pepper, garlic salt, and milk to the eggs, and whisk.
- Pour 1 Tbsp. olive oil into a large skillet (or use non-stick cooking spray). Add onion, and peppers. Cook on medium high for a 1-2 minutes. Add spinach to the skillet. Sauté for a few additional minutes until spinach is cooked down. Once finished, add this mixture to the eggs.
- In the skillet, brown the ham for 3-5 minutes.
- When finished add the ham and cheese to the egg mixture in the bowl. Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-fat cooking spray. Pour the mixture into the muffin tins, filling each tine to about ¾ full.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 18-21 minutes. Insert a toothpick to see if they are done (will come out clean).