Carrot Cake Protein Bars
2 tablespoons egg whites or substitute
½ cup warm water
2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
¼ cup Walden Farms zero calorie maple syrup
2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup coconut flour
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
¼ cup ground or milled flaxseed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 pinch of ground cloves
¾ cup shredded carrots
¼ cup raisins (optional)
2 tablespoons coconut butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix egg whites and warm water together thoroughly, until it starts to foamy. Combine “egg” mixture, mashed bananas, maple syrup, non-dairy milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl with a hand or stand mixer.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a small bowl. Once incorporated, add to the wet mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add shredded carrots and raisins and mix until just incorporated. Allow mixture to sit for 1-2 minutes to thicken up.
- Using about ⅓ cup of mixture per bar, form it into a ball, then roll it between your palms so it begins to lengthen a bit. Press the form onto prepared pan and shape into a bar, about ¼” to ½” thick.
- Bake bars for 22-25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.