Open Faced Tuna Nicoise
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 2 cans (5 oz.) canned tuna in water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 4 slices, 1-inch thick, whole wheat bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Black pepper
- Cover the eggs with water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water and let cool. Peel and slice.
- Place the green beans in the hot water you cooked eggs in and let stand for about 5 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain and pat dry.
- To make the dressing, combine the oil, lemon juice, and olives.
- Drain the tuna and reserve.
- Toast the bread and rub with garlic.
- Top the toasted bread with lettuce, tomato, eggs, green beans and tuna. Drizzle the dressing over each serving and season with pepper.
Makes 4 servings.