- 1 tsp. coconut or olive oil
- 8 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 4 low-carb whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 can enchilada sauce
Optional garnishes: Plain 0% Greek yogurt, chopped scallions or cilantro
- Chop the chicken into very thin strips. Spray a medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray and add the chicken. Cook over medium-high heat until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Set into a medium bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a medium saucepan, add the oil and sauté the onions and garlic. Add the chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. After simmering, add the chicken.
- Spray a 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Divide the chicken mixture evenly between each tortilla and roll it. Place the rolled tortillas in the baking dish seam side down and top with the enchilada sauce, then top with cheese.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the oven on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes. Top with garnishes if desired after baking.
Makes 4 enchiladas.