Apple Mushroom Turkey Burgers
1 pound 93/7 ground turkey breast
5 mushrooms, finely chopped
½ onion, finely chopped
½ apple, finely chopped
1 teaspoon coconut oil or butter
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
Garlic powder and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet. Using non-fat cooking spray or a small bit of oil, fry onions until brown (5-10 minutes).
- Add apples and mushrooms and stir-fry for an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Form into 4 large patties and broil or grill for about 6 minutes each side.
- The burgers are done when the juices run clear after being pierced with a fork.