Homemade Hot Chocolate
1 cup, plus 1-2 tablespoons milk of choice (almond, coconut, skim)
2 rounded teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon honey (or natural sweetener of choice)
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place milk in a small pot over medium low heat.
- Meanwhile, place cocoa powder, sweetener, and extra tablespoon of milk in a small bowl. Whisk until a paste/thick mixture forms and powder is absorbed. Add additional tablespoon of milk, if needed.
- Whisk cocoa mixture into milk mixture. Heat till hot but not boiling. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour into a mug and sprinkle with cinnamon, if using.
- Serve and enjoy once the drink is cool enough to safely drink.