Healthy Turkey Chili
Non-stick cooking spray
2 small cans tomato sauce (no salt added)
2 cans diced tomatoes (no salt added)
1 can kidney beans
1 can chickpeas or garbanzo beans
2 pounds 93/7 or 99/1 lean ground turkey
2 green peppers, diced
Salt and pepper
2-3 tablespoons chili powder
1-2 tablespoons cumin
Red pepper flakes
- Drain and rinse both cans of beans and set aside.
- Spray a large pot with non-stick cooking spray. Add ground turkey and brown it.
- Add chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, and salt & pepper to taste. Toss turkey in spices to coat.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, and garbanzo beans. Cover, turn heat down to medium-low, and let it simmer while you prep the peppers.
- Dice the jalapenos and green peppers, then add to the chili.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes.