Butternut Squash Chocolate Pudding
3/4 cup cooked butternut squash (completely cooled)
2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
2 tablespoons nut butter of choice (peanut, almond, etc…)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
- To make puree, slice the butternut squash in half long ways and place face-down (peel side up) on a foil-lined baking pan.
- Roast in the oven at 425 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Flip face-up and roast for 10 more minutes.
- Once cooled, scoop out squash flesh and blend in a food processor until smooth.
- In a food processor, blend butternut squash, cocoa powder, maple syrup/honey, nut butter, vanilla, and salt together.
- Add water and blend.
- Let refrigerate for AT LEAST 2 HOURS before eating (to let flavors set in)